Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Week 5 EOC: Exercise Chapter 5


It is time for some self-reflection by answering the following questions: What are your professional plans for the future?  How do you intend to make those plans happen?  What stumbling blocks do you think you will have to clear along the way?  How long do you think it will take to reach your goals?

My future plans for the fashion industry is to own my own boutique.  To eventually make this happen, like Vera Wang, I will get in wherever I can.  I’ll be a rover and retrieve coffee and run my boss’s clothing to the dry cleaners if need be.  I want to eventually act as a buyer for a retail store.  I feel this would prepare me and refine my skills at looking for upcoming trends and fashions in this ever-exciting, ever-changing industry.  This skill can prep me for my own store in that buying successful clothing is second nature to me.  I know that none of this will come easily to me.  I may be a guinea pig for a fashion company and get absolutely no where or my business could fail the first go around.  There is no specific time line that could ever kind of be anticipated.  This goal may come right away, should everything go in my favor (which would be extremely lucky!) or my plans may come crumbling down on me a few times before I succeed.  In a perfect world, however, I would love to reach the goal of owning my own boutique by the time I’m 30.  That gives me 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment