Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Week 2 BOC: My Voice

The fashion industry is ever-changing and ever-growing.  The world moves at a rapid pace and fashion is no different.  Most people wake up in the morning and make a conscious choice on what pieces of clothing they are going to put on.  Every morning I look forward to this choice.  What outfit will I wear today to show people how I am feeling?   What pieces will I decide to pair together?  How do I want to portray myself today?  Quirky, vintage, elegant, grunge, simple… there are so many choices.  Working in the fashion industry is the most exciting job that I can do.  I have such a deep passion for this and I want to show what I have to offer.  I aim to showcase my talent, to help others find their fashion talent, and to get them excited about waking up in the morning just so they can put together the perfect outfit.  Fashion is deeper than looking pretty.  It expresses a person’s style, personality, mood, feelings, status, etc.  Clothes speak a universal language and that’s a beautiful thing to me.  I want to work in this industry so I can speak to people universally and so when others wear my clothes, they can do the same.  Every day is a new choice to project an image about how others will see you and more importantly, make you feel a certain way about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment